Thursday, March 11, 2010

Good bath/skin products for a baby w/sensitive skin?

Hi there, does anyone know any good skin care (bath lotion, body wash, shampoo) for a baby with sensitive skin? (my 5 week old son seems to get irritated by Johnson %26amp; Johnson bath stuff, Aveeno baby seems to be a little better, but I was hoping to find something maybe organic without alcohol and without tons of random ingredients that are likely irritating his skin).


Thanks in advance!Good bath/skin products for a baby w/sensitive skin?
My baby had the same problem with Johnson %26amp; Johnson products. Someone recommended Aveeno. So I got the one for sensitive skin. It worked so well for him. His skin is so so soft %26amp; he has no dry skin, no redness, just softness. I don't even have to use lotion. I know u want something more organic but Aveeno Baby Soothing Relief Creamy Wash really works. It's fragrance free. Here's a link to it...


http://www.aveeno.com/productDetail.do?prodid=4249Good bath/skin products for a baby w/sensitive skin?
Well, I use the Aveeno calming bath wash, and a Mustela shampoo. I only shampoo once a week though, but give a bath every day. It seems to be working all right for my son, difficult to tell since he has eczema, but at any rate, it doesn't aggravate it. For lotions... we use different ones. We use Aquafor at night, and aveeno sensitive skin for the day, although I just switched to California Baby yesterday. I've heard great things about the CA Baby, they also make a body wash and sunscreens, it's sold at Target and supposed to be great for babies with sensitive skin. The California Baby brand is natural and organic: http://www.californiababy.com/
If possible I suggest finding a homemade lotion or soap. These normally contain very few ingredients and none that aren't essential for the product. I found this website that you can buy handmade soaps and lotions from, but it looks a little pricey.


http://www.canyoncreeksoapcompany.com/ba鈥?/a>





If you're feeling creative you can try making your own, which really isn't all that difficult to do. Here's an article that gives some basics for homemade lotions. http://www.stretcher.com/stories/04/04ja鈥?/a>


Here is one that has recipes for homemade bubble bath (which could work as baby bath) and different bath soaps. They have one for an oatmeal soap and an olive oil soap. Look at see what looks interesting for you.


http://www.essortment.com/all/homemadeba鈥?/a>
Hi there. My bestfriends son has eczema and sensitive skin. She uses Cetaphil to bathe him. Cetaphil is most popularly used as a face wash and i believe it is hypoallergenic. It also doesn't contain any of the perfumes or scented ingredients found in most products. Hope this helps!
my 2.5 month baby girl is the same way. she is very sensitive with the baby baths items. The dr recommend me to use Dove sensitive Body wash. Its great on her skin, smooth and soft. i been using it on her since she was born.
Aveeno! my son has all the products the non scented, lightly scented shampoo, the lavender wash and cream!! I just loveee it for my son! his skin is soo soft (never dry) its an amazing product! its a lil bit more expensive but it's good
My husband and I use Method. We buy it at Target and it is 97% all natural...made with rice milk and marshmallow. It smells amazing and it doesn't irritate our 3 month old daughter's sensitive skin. She has a touch of Exzcema.
We always had good luck with the Burt's Bees Baby Bee line for our son, as well as the Davies Babies line. You could also shop your local organic or health foods store to see what they might have to offer.
my bubs is the same ive tried every product i could get my hands on and found QV works for him.,.,google it cos i dont have a website or n e thing....
aveno is the best thing its great it has a lot of ingredients thats good for your skin
nertogena works real well my niece has real senstive skin and it never breaks her out.
  • cosmetics
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment