Saturday, March 13, 2010

What baby bath products do you like to use?

This may be heresy, but I don't really care for the smell of Johnson's baby shampoo, and never really have. What are your favorite bath products to use, and what would you avoid? I'm pregnant, but i'd love to use L'Oreal Kids gentle tear free shampoos on my baby (if he/she has any hair lol). They have wonderful, fruity, but not too strong smells: fruit punch, watermelon, sunny orange, melon, etc.





For instance: what about body washes or soaps- what's your favourite? Do you like the all-in-one body %26amp; hair washes? Are bath mitts a good idea? How about lotions? What baby bath products do you like to use?
Johnson's Vanilla Oatmeal babywash and lotion makes my son smell sooooo sweet. I sometimes take it to work and use it just to think of him. Haha. What baby bath products do you like to use?
LOVE burts bees. They are a little more expensive, but GREAT quality and all edible ingredients so no worries about weird chemicals or getting in babys mouth. The all in one baby shampoo/wash is great, and the apricot oil is so great for either in the bath or rubbing on after. Its like 9 bucks but lasts for months. And the buttermilk bath stuff too is great. They have a baby sampler pack thats a good way to try out the line. I got it and had to buy those 3 are my favorite. And I feel good not putting chemicals on the tender skin! try them you'll love it!
I really dont like Johnson's either, but I am absolutely in LOVE with huggies shea butter and oatmeal hair/body wash, it smells SO amazing!!


I have a bath mitt, but i dont use it, i find the teeny soft baby cloths get in the chub creases much better :)


As far as lotion I use Aveeno Baby, it has no smell, and its a bit more expensive but it works really well.
I use baby wash clothes. Some one for my shower bought me gerber grins and giggles and oh my god they are soo great, they smell good! There is a sweet pea one and it smells like sweet pea from bath and body works. I do know they don't sell the gerber grins and giggles around where I live cause I checked the gerber site. But if you can get it, get them.
I use Huggies. I prefer the one with Shea Butter but it smells a lot like Johnsons so obviously you don't want that!





Gerber Grins %26amp; Giggles have some nice scents too!





I'm not sure if I would use L'Oreal kids products. The ingredients may be stronger than those of a baby shampoo/wash. But you are right, they smell great!





You could try Huggies Clean Team. I bought wipes and they had a ';Blue-Raspberry'; scent to them. I imagine the wash is a fruity scent too!





Congratulations %26amp; Good Luck!
Since my daughter has been born i got a few bottles of the same kind that you dont like..i dont care for it my self either. It doesnt really have that baby smell to it..more of jus a ';soapy'; alcohol smell..





so i have ALWAYS used baby Magic Lavender OR sometiems i DO use the johnsons cucumber and mellon. It smells great! my daughter is 21 months old and i use it for her whole body. i wash her hair in it too.


Smells great also.
I personally love the all in one. It is much easier to use while you are holding on to the baby. I use Aveeno's version of this and the same with their lotion. I just like the smell better and think that my son has less dry skin than when I used Johnsons. I have never used a bath mitt myself, so I can't help you there.
Personally, i like the bedtime bath washcloths for the body. Gerber makes a grins and giggles hair and body wash that comes in a sweet pea, among other scents, but i love it. Lotion, well once again, i like the bedtime lotion. It has a lavender and chamomile smell that helps relax baby and you!
I usually use the bedtime bath(lavender scent) for my daughter but 3 days ago i started using the cucumber and melon wash and lotion . they are both from Johnson baby collection .the smells is just so good i starting using on myself . hubby think it is funny i smell like a baby .
the smell of Johnson's makes my stomach sick...it also gives me a headache.





We use Method baby wash and baby lotion and diaper cream. You get them all at target and the wash and lotion both smell like warm vanilla sugar and it smells so light and fresh. I just love it. Plus it is organic and made with rice milk and marshmallow.
I fell in love with something called sweet pea shampoo and body wash for my daughter. It smelled so nice and the scent lingered in her hair until she got something gross in it to take it away. Kept it nice and shiny too!
We use Aveeno b/c my boys have sensitive skin %26amp; eczema. However, there is a store brand that I love the smell of (it's available in Texas @ HEB) and I love the smell of Playtex baby products.
I love love love Dove Baby Wash for our baby girl...but she has TONS of hair ... so we use regular shampoo and conditioner on her (we are just very careful not to get it in her eyes) .... and our favorite lotion is either Johnson %26amp; Johnson or Baby's Own!!!






I LOVE Grins n Giggles!


http://www.viewpoints.com/Gerber-Giggles鈥?/a>





The only other wash I use is Johnsons Bed time Bath which actually DOES calm her and help her sleep better


http://www.johnsonsbaby.com/product.do?i鈥?/a>
I like huggies babywash, but as for shampoo it's Johnson's, it smells good.
You HAVE to try the Johnson's Bedtime Bath - it really works!!! It has a faint lavender scent that's not too overpowering, and they really do seem to sleep better!
I love the Gerber Grins and Giggles Oatmeal scent or Johnson's Bedtime line. The Gerber line is hair %26amp; body wash and lotion and they smell so yummy, especially when you use them together. I also love the lavender scent of the Bedtime line and in fact, I used to use the bedtime lotion on myself long before my son came along. I don't mind the all-in-ones, less bottles to get knocked off the side of the tub! I just use one of those little terry washcloths, I find the mitts rather large and cumbersome on my son's little body.
I get my baby wash and baby shampoo from a catalog health and wellness company. This way I get products that don't have any preservatives, etc. For instance Johnson %26amp; Johnson and most others have formaldehyde(quaternium-15) in them as a preservative. I was very shocked to learn this. I even get a great lotion that prevents baby rash, it even got rid of my son's excema!!!





The cost is very comparable to store-bought brands, but it is healthier and safer for your baby and your home.





I can't list the name of the company, but you can get more info at the below web address.

No comments:

Post a Comment