Saturday, March 13, 2010

Is Johnson's bedtime bath products effective?

Just wondering. My little one is 4 months old and I've been trying to get the whole bedtime routine down pat. We bath, then dim lights and breastfeed till he falls asleep. I've been using Mustela but switched to the Johnson's Lavender bedtime body wash, message gel and lotion to see if it's more effective at putting him to sleep. Has anyone seen any improvement in sleep when they used it?





Also, I noticed it's MUCH more foamy than the Mustela. Does it contain soap? because the Mustela is soap-free to be gentler on the skin. Just wondering.Is Johnson's bedtime bath products effective?
A recent study showed a lot of those products have cancer causing chemicals. Johnsons says it's below the legal limit, but why take the chance.





You could try reading to him until he falls asleep, or singing and rocking.Is Johnson's bedtime bath products effective?
I never used the massage gel but I do use the Lavendar bedtime bath wash with my little one. I used the liquid bath wash when he was an infant and it really did help him relax with a warm bath and the lavendar in it. Now that he's a toddler I switched to the Lavendar bedtime bath bars of soap that are more for his age.


For lotion when he was an infant (and in the summer because he gets dry skin from swimming and doing things outside) I use Huggies Oatmeal Honey lotion with Camomile when needed after a bath on his skin. It has a pleasant smell and it doesn't irritate his skin. The only other thing I've ever used was plain old Aloe Vera gel (not the medicated just the clear plain kind in a squeeze bottle or pump).
I have Johnon's lavender baby wash and Wal-Mart's brand of regular babywash. I noticed the Johnon's soap is sudsier too. I haven't really noticed a difference in the bedtime routine. We have done the same thing every night starting at 830pm (with a few exceptions) which is bath, play, bottle and bed and it seems to be the same reguardless which soap I use. The Johnon's smells so good though so I like to use it more lol.
I prefer Mustela and would buy it if it was available this side of the world.





I used the Johnson's Lavender Bath because I liked the smell but I don't think it works that well. Maybe it did unstress ME a bit while I was breathing over the baby bath water but the baby still didn't sleep that good...
I didn't find much improvement.


I think it's all a marketing gimmick. Lavender is supposed to relax you, so I'm assuming that people think it will relax their baby.








I dont use it for the bedtime effect,


Although it does make my daughter smell lovely :)
i used it with my son and myself and it helped us both sleep better. As for gentler on the skin, my son has really sensitve skin and it didnt both his skin and i have the same thing and it didnt bother mine either. Lavender is very soothing.
I use it, and don't think there is any difference. I bathe my daughter every other night, and she goes to bed the same the nights I do bathe her, as the nights I don't.
nop it doesn't work at all i tried it for ever and it never worked for me!
my daughter always falls asleep after bathtime.....even if i dont use bedtime bath so i couldnt really tell you lol

No comments:

Post a Comment